The 10 best beaches for families for 2015, released by Family Vacation Critic on Wednesday, all offer more to explore close to the beach.
“When choosing the top family-friendly beaches, we consider a number of factors — it’s not just beautiful sands and picturesque views,” said Lissa Poirot, editor-in-chief of Family Vacation Critic, a TripAdvisor site. The editors of the site pick the beaches on the list.
“Beyond clean, safe beaches, we’re looking for beaches that offer a well-rounded experience for families — accommodations, dining and entertainment within close distance of the beach, and plenty to keep the whole family entertained while in town,” Poirot said in a statement.
Check out the 10 best U.S. beaches, listed here in alphabetical order by beach name, in our photo gallery above.
- Cape May Beach — Cape May, New Jersey
- Carlsbad State Beach — Carlsbad, California
- Crescent Beach — Block Island, Rhode Island
- Fort De Soto Park — St. Petersburg, Florida
- Kings Beach — Lake Tahoe, California
- Lincoln City Beach — Lincoln City, Oregon
- Manatee County Beach — Holmes Beach, Florida
- Ogunquit Beach — Ogunquit, Maine
- Rehoboth Beach — Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
- Virginia Beach — Virginia Beach, Virginia